MNP Mobile Number Portability Process MTS
MTS Mobile Number Portability (MNP) Process:
Request for porting
- Contact the new mobile service provider to whom you want to port your mobile number.
- Obtain Customer Acquisition Form (CAF) & Porting Form.
- Read the eligibility, probable reasons for porting rejection and other conditions carefully.
- If eligible, fill up the CAF and Porting Form. For filling up of porting form you need a ‘Unique Porting Code’ (UPC)
- To obtain UPC send SMS from the mobile number you want to port to the number ‘1900’ with text ‘PORT’ followed by space followed by your 10 digit mobile number you want to port. [ As pre-paid SMS is not permitted, in Jammu & Kashmir the subscriber has to dial ‘1900’ to get an UPC, the operator at ‘1900’ provide the UPC after verifying subscriber number with CLI. ]
- It may be noted that you will receive an auto generated 8 digits UPC from the Donor operator. The first two characters of the UPC consists of ‘Alphabets’ and remaining 6 digits will be numerical characters except zero.
- Submit the duly filled Porting Form and CAF along with requisite documentary proof to the mobile service provider.
- If you are a postpaid subscriber, submit a paid copy of the last bill issued along with Porting Form and CAF.
- Obtain new SIM card from the new service provider.
- Service provider may charge porting charge maximum upto Rs. 19/-
You can withdraw your porting request within 24 hrs of applying.
However, the porting charge is non-refundable.
Activation of ported number
- Your new mobile service provider will intimate you the date & time of porting on your mobile phone.
- Change over takes place on the 7th working day (15th working day in case of Jammu & Kashmir, Assam and North East service areas).
13.The service disruption time shall be around 2 hrs during night time of the date/time of porting.
- Replace the old SIM with the new SIM provided by your new mobile service provider after the specified date and time.
Eligibility and Other Conditions
You are allowed to move to another mobile service provider only after 90 days of the date of activation of your mobile connection or from the date of last porting of your mobile number, whichever is applicable.
You are allowed to change mobile service provider within the same service area only.
If you are a postpaid subscriber, please ensure that you have paid all the dues as per your last bill (You will have to sign an undertaking in the Porting Form also).
If you are a Pre-paid subscriber, please note that the balance amount of talk time, if any, at the time of porting will lapse.